15 Desember 2008

Mall Rat

In terms of liking to visit malls, mind travelling and the fact that it happened to me of working in malls, I spare my time to make some comparison among them. Malls I used to visit and also those I was working in. It came up to me a picture that they are such houses, homes or neighbourhood I have experienced.


For instance, Taman Anggrek is just too much. It is quite well-maintained and no freezed escalator, but let’s just be honest that it’s too big. In fact, you could get lost in it. Or as if you lose your car because you just practically forget the exact place where you park your car. You need to visit the place regularly to get it familiar. Oh, Gosh! Nice house, fancy one, clean, neat and tidy. But I don’t wanna get lost in my own home.


Mal Kelapa Gading. Aaaaaaarrrrggggghhhh! It’s like spending a very long distance to have fun, but it’s not worthy. And do not talk about working there. Either it’s the MKG 1, 2, 3 or 5, it’s gonna be the same to me. I HATE IT! Let’s go there, have some fun, but end it with a deep pray that hopefully we’re gonna be blessed with other better options all the time. In other words, no need to go there. Yes it’s big, but oddly integrated, and suck parking lot for motorbike.


Grand Indonesia is just greatly huge. But….. empty? And tiring for only to visit the gramedia sections. Another one will put me in lost… in mall. Let’s say it together with me…… LEBAY! Yai yai yai. But no heart feeling on this. I still endorse it anyway.. hihihi


Pacific Place is big enough, well unique. Remember Kidzania! But no McD, no KFC, no Hokben, no Pizza Hut. They obviously want to make it a glamorous one. But… the security guard at the loading dock, officers at the front gate of loading and the cleaning service is just not full of smily teeth, and even act like a criminal cat whose hobby is asking you for money, cigarettes, coffee or nasi kuning. I can’t believe that the management is employing premans. Not even forget mentioning the parking lot for bike that is seadanya, hardly rocky, smelly and JAUH! Anyway, it’s my new home, and I’m trying and focusing in having it just fine. God bless me..


And the winner is….. Plaza Senayan. It’s just great enough in any kind. The size, the occational decorations, the staff, the management, the parking lot, the canteen, the foodcourt. Everything that impress me is all here. Get noted that I keep my golden memories here also. I put the concept in my mind in having a residence just like this. Enough space for important things, clean, neat, tidy, not really crowdy, and brightly being open and warm. How adoreable. God… give me a chance for it… pleaaaase!


Plaza Senayan is the best, but Plaza Semanggi is the most friendly ever. You can have the cheap as well as the costly satisfying. Don’t forget the roof top. Dine in the sky. Easily accessed. But should be puter2 when you go there by motorbike. Oddly no KFC! But yeah… I forgive you, Pelangi. I love you too.


How about you?



ps : sorry for being unessential. It’s my last name, I guess…


2 komentar:

Kucing Garong mengatakan...

Unessential? not really ah Dod. We almost picked up the same tee as in "boleh kembaran asal jamur". That i hardly found in the end, it was T shirt sejuta umat. I like this post, considering being a mall rats is not a sin, and Plaza Semanggi is gue banget so thank god we finally have another something in common ya Cun.kaos bebiblue nya belom elo pamerin ke gua!

Anonim mengatakan...

wew postingan ala Research departement of asosiasi Pengurus Pusat Perbelanjaan Indonesia...hmmm menarek.. but I think you forgot to mention SLIPI JAYA ayo YA....gue rasa PIJAY IS THE champ.....sama Pulogadung Trade Center is the 2nd, Bekesong Mall is the 3rd

(selamat kepada para pemenang hadiah dapat diambil dengan menyerahkan bukti transfer)

(ketahuan de pergaulan gue)